We arrived Friday at approximately 2:30pm and went about setting up the tent. Not too many had arrived yet so we headed to Basin Head for a lay down in some sun. Left there about 5pm and picked up such necessities as ice and snacks, visited Janelle's Aunt and headed back to the main event. My how the tent city had grown in our absence. It was a beautiful site.
So we set about the drinking and some socializing. Quite a few faces around that we recognized, some were ignored (hehe) but the cool ones we went and visited. Headed down to the stage with Gill and Janelle and you'll have to forgive me but Friday evening is all quite blurry. Things I remember - laughing about plums forever, dancing, being completely hammered, telling Jill Barber I liked her pumas, talking to the dude from In Flight Safety, meeting a writer from the Coast, eating Crispers like a crazy woman ... I think that's about it. I know I heard some In Flight Safety and Grand Theft Bus and I know that I enjoyed it. I know that Janelle and I made a decision that we were too drunk to stay and hear Metric and went and passed out. Darn, shoulda stayed.
Woke up at the crack of dawn to some guy singing this song outside of the tent. It was quite a song and he really was a genius at finding words to rhyme. Janelle had to head back into town for work so I went too and slept in my own bed for an hour and got a shower. It was beautiful and made me feel so much better cause I was quite hungover. Once we returned we layed out on the hill and listened to some more music. I really liked Universal Soul and they put on a terrific show. Their intro for Slowcoaster was phenomenal and got everyone even more pumped up. Listened to Slowcoaster for a bit and then took off for a nap. Best. Idea. Ever.
Though in my absence someone let Janelle get ridiculously hammered. I'm talking CANOE TRIP HAMMERED. I woke up and went and joined Nelly, Chuck, Matt, Rob and Coranna and watched her play the devil sticks. And fall. And walked crookedly. And fall. And go to the stage. And fall. Came back from stage. Fell a few more times. Threw some pistachios and passed out. Chuck rolled her in a sleeping bag like a taco and she was alright. Eventually Matt hoisted her over his shoulder and we took her back to the tent where she layed for the night. By golly that girl knows how to fight, kick, punch, and bite her way out of someone picking her up. She's so little too. Amazing.
After Janelle layed down to sleep, I cracked some beer and joined the festivities. Alcohol still wasn't agreeing with me too much so I didn't push it. Eventually went down for Buck 65 who blew me away, had just an amazing show. Then headed to the woods to smoke with the boys. Thanks boys! =) Unfortunately I had to end it after that cause my contact lenses decided to not allow me to open my eyes anymore so I joined Nelly in the tent and slept.
Sunday morning included a most delicious breakfast at the Sheltered Harbour with Janelle, Janette and Dave. Quite a busy spot as I think we hit the church crowd but defenitly worth the wait. Came back and went for a walk to the beach on site but wasn't the greatest beach so off to Basin Head we went once again. After that we grabbed a blanket and headed to the hill once again and listened to some Jill Barber. Packed up the tent and all that jazz so we could be ready to go when it was all said and done. Sat around after with Janette, Dave, Kent and Erin, got some fun stickers, ordered pizza, listend to some awesome regae and waited for Joel Plaskett. Not too many had stayed around for him as they had to travel home and get to work but it was worth the wait. He was a tad late which was too bad cause it cut his set from an hour and a half to just a half hour. I would have loved to see it all but I'll take whatever Joel I can get. He was awesome!!! Went and talked with him after, nicest guy ever and got a pic and Janelle got his autograph (twice!) on her body.
Then we had to go. It really was a great weekend, MUCH better than last year. Times a thousand. The weather was great, the people were great, awesome organization, the perfect location, met some super cool people and amazing music. I highly recommend anyone to go! And pics are up!
And now: overindulgance weekend is OVER. I'm going to the gym. Peace out!
Monday, July 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment