Sunday, February 04, 2007

Hold On To Your Hippogriffs!

Is anyone else predicting that they're going to be really sad come July when the last Harry Potter book is published? I mean, that's it. After all those years and all the anticipation, it'll be over. You'll know everything, all the questions will be answered. Yeah, it is a book and the characters are fictional, but it's a pretty big freakin' deal.

I read my first Harry Potter back in the spring of my first year of university. I had some time to kill so I borrowed the book from my neighbour from across the hall, Lana, to read as I waited for my class to start. I never made it that class. I read and read and read, which really wasn't that long as the first book isn't that thick. But I was hooked. Line and sinker. I followed that up quickly with the second, third, and fourth book. And then I waited.

The fifth came. I devoured it! The sixth came. Loved it too! Obviously though really now come on. You did too. But they just leave the questions. And the theories. They're kinda fun. These books are a great lesson in patience. Which normally I don't have.

And now, the seventh and last one will be published in July. And then that's it. Over. Finito. C'est un petit peu triste. Mais c'est excitant aussi! Oh la la.

Let's just say, I'm glad I have a few months to prepare. EEP!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you! I excited and sad all at the same time about this!

Anonymous said...

opps..I AM excited and sad..hehe

Chelsea Van Tol said...

I KNEW youd be as excited about this as I am. nobody else I know gets it. I reserved my copy already.