Friday, November 17, 2006

Coffee, Tea & Sympathy

This week I finally ran out of money on my Starbucks gift card. Since approximately October 11 when Shan came to Calgary and gave me a lovely birthday present of a gift card and lotto tickets (in which I won $2!) and I was given another one from a lovely lady from work, I have had $35 of Starbucks cash to go around. Seeing as Starbucks a'int cheap and that I drink coffee everyday, you'd think that sucker would be gone in a flash. But no, no it has not. This is mainly because weekdays I get my coffee at work, for free and on weekends I'm just too lazy to walk to the nearest Starbucks, which would take approximately 7 minutes.

Thus the majority of the time I ventured for tasty Starbucks snacks after lunch. Though Starbucks doesn't really have that great of snacks I find. Personal opinion here of course. And every store is different thus often not finding the same selection. My most recent favorite however was the chocolate and caramel covered pretzel stick. Sounds good doesn't it? Well it is. It really is. I also enjoyed the snowman cookie I had last weekend however it was just too much sugar for one sitting.

Lately I did try two of their Holiday drinks, both the Egg Nog Latte and the Peppermint Mocha. Both were good to start but too sweet for my liking and I coudn't finish them off. But I liked getting them just so I can get the festive cup it comes in. It makes me feel cozy.

So yes, while I like the Starbucks, I don't love it. Maybe it's the Maritimer in me, but give me Tim Horton's anyday. Coffee and food thank you very much. It's steeped.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm sorry but I love Starbucks. Mainly because they carry Lactaid milk (lactose free) and Tim Horton's doesn't. I used to blow through a $25 card in 3 days! Sad I know.

LOLA said...

i'm a true downtowner. with a starbucks all within 4 minutes from eachother, and passing at least 2 of them everyday, i admit i'm become a pretentious preppy pathetic starbucks loving, i know my barista by name and who makes the best coffee on what day drinker (now, that's a sentence). starbucks every day x 5 days a week x $5 = a lot less in my pocket. but i loves my grande no whip white chocolate mocha (i now talk like them too, and it should be a medium, but, no, its a grande)