I have this slight obsession with one thing. List making. I make lists for everything and anything. Lists or notes or reminders are always on the go with me. It's not unusual to find a few post-it notes in my purse at a time. I'm not really sure when this list habit came about or came to such a high. But it did, so here we are.
The lists can range in topic. Shopping lists are common, as are the things-to-do list. I usually make one each time the weekend comes rolling around to make sure I accomplish everything that I'm thinking I want to get done in my days off. Shoppers Drug Mart lists are not only fun to make, but important. I hate getting home and realizing that I forgot something. However, I really don't like anyone reading my lists. How weird eh! There's no valid reason for it, they're just my lists that's all. And it's funny cause I won't let Adam look through my purse if there's a list in there, and I know it drives him absolutely nuts.
The funny thing is that while I get immense pleasure out of accomplishing things on my list and crossing them off, it's very rare that I'll actually finish everything on a list. The big things will defenitly get done, there's no question about that, but some things are always left out. I think this is because I'll write anything down that maybe I could possibly want to do or want to buy. I'll put anything that could possibly in my mind down on paper, just to get it out of my head. These items will get done eventually, but there's no rush, maybe some day when I'm bored or have an abundant amount of energy.
The thing about the lists is that without them I would probably feel overwhelmed most of the time. When things are left in my head, it feels like I have much more to do then there actually is. It's harder to prioritize and easier to forget things. If you told me today I was no longer allowed my list obsession, I would probably no longer function and would feel anxious, like I'm constantly forgetting something that I'll never remember. I don't think I'd like that. I like my lists. My lists like me. Thus, I'll stick to them. Merci beaucoup, salut.
Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment