I have returned. I know you missed me. You can all relax now.
Where did I leave off?
Tuesday morning I rose bright and early to say farewell to Janelle. She had to go off to work so I lounged for a bit, packed up my stuff and headed out to the aiport. Was on a flight at 11am to Vancouver via West Jet. It was my first time flying with them and I was mighty more impressed than with Air Canada. It was just a hop, skip and a jump et voila, I was in Vancouver by about noon local time. Ms. Kathlyn Opina picked me up at the airport. Now, I say Ms. Kathlyn Opina because it's the last time I'll get to call her that. Now she is Mrs. Kathlyn Cumiskey.
We went out for lunch at Cactus Club and bippidy bop bopped as we had a lot to catch up on! I hadn't seen her in a year and eight months, but it could have been a day. We just eased into the way we'd always been. Now that is friendship. The rest of the afternoon was spent running wedding errands. We had a guest book to find, wine to purchase, some presents to get and naturally a stop at La Senza. Back to the Opina household where I got to see her parents again (VERY lovely people) and where we lounged, ate fajitas, watched American Idol and took it generally easy. We had to get up early the next day you see.
Early? For what? Why for the annual Army/Navy shoe sale! Kat, her friend Erica and I arrived at 8:30 to find a pack of girls had already ravaged the place. We dived right in. It was like the girls were starving wolves and the shoes were a hunk of red meat. Each time a new box would come out for the display, girls would jump right in and tear with their teeth! Okay, maybe not, but you get my analogy. At first I started out gently, letting people ahead of me and generally being nice, but I soon learned that that attitude would get me nowhere and started throwing elbows. I got four pairs, as did Erica and Kat walked out with eight beauties in her bag.
Next stop, Shabusen downtown Vancouver where we met Chris, Kim, Seri and April for all-you-can-eat sushi. Then more wedding errands and off back to Kat's to make the programs. Wednesday evening brought dinner at "The Pub" and then I think I fell asleep on Brad's couch.
Thursday morning I slept in while Kat and her parents headed to the airport to pick up some more out of town guests. Met then and had some lunch, a trip to Walmart and surrounding shops where I got another pair of shoes and a purse. Now I was fully set for the wedding. Thursday night brought the rehearsal and dinner following at Brad's parents house. The menu was greek food and it was mighty delicious. The after dinner mints were gone pretty quickly, but that tends to happen when 25 people or so are riddled with tzatziki breath. We were then entertained by the dancing antics of the flower girl and the coin bearer, both nearing the age of two, who busted moves like nobody's business.
Friday was errands errands errands til about 3 o'clock, then came chill time and some shopping and then to Urban Thai for dinner. The table included her brother Ryan and his wife Joy, her cousin Nya and her husband Randy, her cousin Liza and her boyfriend Isaias, her other cousin Pam and her boyfriend Amil (I think that's his name .. sorry!) Kathlyn and myself. The dinner was beyond delicious and more than we could eat including a jello like dessert that tasted like coconut. I love coconut! Then it was time to rest for the big day ahead!
Okay, I'm really not doing this justice and am giving only the simple facts. But it's hard to remember okay?
So, that's enough for now as the wedding itself can have a post all of it's own. Which shall follow suit. In due time. When I feel like it. If I feel like it. You can always ask me.
Monday, April 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment