Friday, March 17, 2006

Do Not Go To Omaha With Paco


"Top O' The Morning To You"

"And the rest of the day to you"

I hope you're wearing your green today. I have mine on. Today would be made if I had a leprechaun outfit. Not for me silly, for Adam. Because he has a red beard, just like leprechauns. And because it would be awfully amusing.

When I was in kindergarden at St Foy Elementary in Quebec we would have 30 minutes of French class each day. On St Patty's Day we came back from French and there were green sparkles all over the classroom! Our teacher Mrs. Angrave had told us that we had just missed a visit from leprechauns, but they had left the sparkles wherever they had been. And so we went on a hunt of the school to look for them. Green sparkles were all around. In the gym, in other classrooms, the hallways. But alas, we never caught up with them. I suspect they are still at large.

I told this story to Adam the other day and he called me gullible. But I would just like to point out that I was five years old.

I also started the day with a little luck of the Irish as I won a coffee with the rolling up of my coffee cup. I made sure not to ask anyone to help me roll it up though, so that I could ensure the claiming of the prize as my own. And you can check the DNA on the rim too, mine all mine. Phewf.

So grab your guiness, your Irish whiskey, your Bailey's Irish Cream, whatever your vice is, because today is one of those days where it's perfectly acceptable to be drunk by noon. I expect nothing less from you people.

No comments: