Thursday, February 23, 2006

Oh Yeah I'm Alright I Just Feel A Little Lonely Tonight

Oh February. The month of commercial love, but also the month where that winter rut really digs in its heels. I know it's not just me. Yes we've been exceptionally lucky this winter with hardly any snow and much warmer tempuratures that can be expected. I don't care, it's still winter. And there's no changin' that.

Spring isn't THAT far away, technically. It sure does feel like it though. I'm getting pretty sick of all things that come with winter. It's just such an ugly time of year. Runny noses, dry skin, cracked nails, being so cold that your skin turns red, layers of clothes causing massive bulk, pasty skin, that extra few pounds we put on to stay warm! The list goes on.

Change of scenery defenitly required. 49 days til I get to go out west. But tomorrow it shall be 48 and the day after that, 47.

I miss flip flops and skirts and long days and the beach and victoria row and jakes and bbqs and the drive in and green grass and swimming and tanned skin and wrap shirts and sunlight and frisbee and being able to run outdoors without burning lungs. I know it will all come back someday.

In the meantime, I shall watch the Olympics and drink hot chocolate. Actually, today it was white chocolate hot chocolate. Very yummy. Also, today I am wearing my sisters sweater, and I think it smells. I'm catching a whiff of something anyway, oh well, it's a nice sweater.

No comments: